Staying Safe in the Garden
Even as we work the earth to prepare it for planting, we’ll be exercising an abundance of caution. We ask that you follow these guidelines as you make your way to the garden and work in it.
St. Alban’s Peace Garden will follow CDC guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home
- There will not be more than 10 people in the garden at any one time
- Please drive separately unless you are from the same family
- If you arrive before your shift, please don’t leave your car until fewer than 10 people are in the garden
- Please bring your own masks and gloves
- Soap and water and hand-sanitizer will be available
- Bathrooms will be open and available for cleanup
- Tools will be cleaned at the end of each shift
- Please maintain at least 6 feet of separation between you and other gardeners
- Be aware that your shift will end ten minutes before the hour to allow a transition between shifts (on Work Days)
To ensure we keep to 10 or fewer people in the garden at any one time, please click the link above to sign up for a shift. You may work more than one shift on Work Days. Thank you!
Groups and individuals are welcome!
Are you passionate about helping those in need? Are you heartbroken by the senseless tragedy of the ever-increasing homicide rate in our city? We have a place for you to make a difference!
We always welcome those who want to volunteer or contribute funds.
Saturday Work Days 2020
Several times during the growing season, we put out an all-call for an all-hands-on-deck work day. We’ll need large numbers of volunteers to accomplish big tasks. These events happen occasionally beginning in early spring through the harvest season.
April 25 – Clean up, tilling and prep day
May 23 – Tomato planting day
And tentatively for the fall:
September 19 – Clean up day
October 10 – Put the garden to bed for the winter day
The Green Thumb Garden Club meets Mondays at 4:30 p.m. during the month of June. Sign up at the link above so we know you are coming.
Wednesday Garden Club
The Green Thumb Garden Club meets has now begun meeting Wednesdays from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sign up at the link above so we know you are coming.
The Garden Club meets most Tuesday mornings beginning soon through November. Times to be announced.
You’ll also find other volunteers in the garden almost every day of the week.
To Get Involved, contact Volunteer Coordinator Joan:
Email: [email protected]