Outreach and Inreach Ministries are how we fulfill our mission and God’s call to be good stewards.
God presents many opportunities to us; we just need to look for them and prayerfully choose how we respond. To help us find them, we share this common prayer:
You have blessed me uniquely with time, talent, and treasure. And whether my time is short or long, my talent simple or spectacular, or whether my treasure is small or great you have called me in all cases to be a good steward of these gifts. Help me see the opportunities you put around me today, Lord, and to respond to them in faith so that You may be glorified.
With opportunities all around us, we are prayerfully responding in ways that align with our mission’s goals. Here are some examples:
Increase our neighborhood involvement
- Peace Garden: Beginning in 2015, St. Alban’s committed a large piece of our property to a hunger and peace initiative. We will grow fruits and vegetables that will feed the hungry through Gleaners Food Bank and the St. Vincent de Paul Society.
Individual crosses in the Garden will mark those who died from violence and call attention to the need for peace in our larger community of Indianapolis.
- Community Groups: St. Alban’s welcomes many neighborhood associations and small groups to our facility for their regular meetings.
- IPS 83: Our neighborhood elementary school where members of St. Alban’s regularly donate time to tutor young children. At Christmas, our Giving Tree ministry helps a few families each year enjoy gift shopping and wrapping.
Develop small group meetings
- Each Sunday following service small groups are encouraged to fellowship in the Parish Hall while enjoying light refreshment.
- A recent luncheon offered an opportunity to share a dish from our individual cultural heritage. Other planned events include Christian Education, dining out, and holiday events.
Define our Social Media and Sacred Marketing strategies
- This is our new website! These information here is designed to be a resource for interested newcomers and our regular parishioners.
- Online donations are now available making it easy for friends or colleagues to contribute to our various projects.
Develop various ideas for the use of our property:
- Our wonderful building space is available for office space rental. Our downstairs area is perfect for an entire small business or private school.
- Play Ball Indiana: Our long history with baseball is well-partnered with Play Ball Indiana, the local branch of Major League Baseball’s RBI initiative. We make our baseball diamonds available to create opportunities for our neighborhood youth to learn about themselves and grow through playing baseball.
Create small congregational alliances
- We are blessed to share our space with Grace and Mercy Assembly, a non-denominational congregation who meets here for worship each Sunday afternoon and for mid-week Bible study.
- St. Alban’s is open to discussion with other congregations for similar arrangements.
We also offer many Inreach Ministry opportunities each week: choir, greeters, ushers, Bible readers, crucifer, chalice bearers, and altar guild. All are welcome to participate, whether it’s just once or on a regular schedule.